Porta Lecce (Bastione di Levante)
|NAME||Porta Lecce (Bastione di Levante)|
|LOCATION||Via Porta Lecce|
Porta Lecce was built in 1464 by Ferdinand II of Aragon and it was reinforced by Charles V in 1530. The Emperor added his coat of arms, the one of the artist Ferdinando Alarcone and the emblem of Brindisi.
In 1859 Porta Lecce was in danger of being demolished because of water leaks.